So here I am posting on my blog when I should be at the zoo riding a Camel and eating ice cream. (according to Kendra) But as history has shown in the majority of our past big trips our car broke down just over the first hump heading up Blewet. That's right...our transmission blew in our reliable car. Actually it did not blow it just stopped. (I am laughing as I am writing this) It seems as though these things happen to us every time we take a big trip. And now there was a short time of panic, but really it did not last very long until Scott and I started laughing about it and proceeded to figure out how to make our hotel reservations. So try to follow me if you can. We were lucky to pull of onto a BIG pull off section of the road. Some very nice retired campers pulled over for us to use their potty, and check up on us. Meanwhile Scott called his brother who was going to hook up his dollie (car trailer) but for some reason that was not going to work. So we called every place in town, no one had one. The closest place was in Ellensburg. Well we couldn't get there...so we gave up on that for awhile and tried to figure out how to continue our fun trip we have planned with the major amount of stuff and food we had loaded in the back and on top of our van. We called all the car rental places close by, they all had cars about the size of a civic, not gonna work. There were a couple places with bigger rentals, but for a week it was a little out of our UNEXPECTED budget. LOL! So Scott's brother called back and said we could have his van for the week. What a blessing!! Really, this all could be worse. It could be winter, freezing, snowing, raining, we could have had not food or drink. And instead we set up camp in the pull off until Scott's brother got there. We had snacks iced cold drinks, and beautiful weather. The girls were all happy and having a great time. I can't say the same about them right now, but we will still get there. We took some fun pics that I will post later. Maybe next week when we get home from our fun fun trip that we are still going on, I promise.
So anyways, Scott and Billy went to get the other van, clean it, swap out an old battery, and fill it with gas, and then we should be off. Half of our stuff is still in our van, on the side of the road, while the other half is in Billy's car ready to be transported. We will stop by our van on our second attempt to Seattle to get the rest of our stuff. Tonight Scott's Dad and brother plan to go out and tow our van back to our repair man.
In all honesty other than the expense, which I am trying really hard not to think about, this has been an exciting beginning to our vacation. One of these days we will go on a trip with no car troubles at all. -Did I mention that my car was in the shop two days ago getting the suspension on the back door replaced?
Random Life Events
2 months ago
1 comment:
Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry. You must have the same luck as your parents when it comes to traveling.
Keep us posted. If you need anything let me know.
Post a Comment