Friday, November 6, 2009

Chicken on the Bone

Tonight we had chicken on the bone for dinner. Chicken on the bone, drum sticks, chicken legs, it's all the same. Chicken on the bone is Kendra's all time favorite dinner. She loves to hold the sticky piece of meat in her hands and devour it. So tonight I was watching her eat her chicken on the bone with such bliss and I was reminded of a time when she was three years old. We were having chicken on the bone for dinner before heading to our friends house to celebrate Mr..."s birthday. (you know who you are) She was sooo excited to be having her favorite dinner that she was sure he would share in the same excitement as her. So she saved one of the chewed up bones, put it in a zip lock baggie, and presented it to him for his birthday. She was sooo proud of this sacrificial gift that she was presenting to him for his birthday!! I will never forget the looks on both of their faces. One of pure discuss trying to be kind, and the other of pure pride and excitement....I love three year olds!!

1 comment:

Nell said...

Isn't that so cute? My oldest son loves chicken on the bone and calls it that too. Kids are the greatest!

Nell