Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

Well it is Mothers Day. And currently it is 11:30. I have just woke up from a very quiet nap to a call from my lovely sis demanding that the girls and I come over for the day. Apparently my oh so gracious bro-in-law does not want me sitting at home alone on Mothers Day. So so sweet!!
Our day began at 5:15am when I got up with Scott to get him out the door for work. Hoping I would have a chance to go back to bed for an hour or so, Chelsey woke up and was up for the morning. So we snuggled with coffee in hand and a sippy of milk in the other watching The Wonder Pets in pure amazement as they face the challenge of saving baby animals. (animated) Things were going well so I decided to start getting ready for church early. If you know us you know that very seldom do we make it to church early, and this morning was going to be different. In all honestly everyone was very cheerfully getting ready for church, taking showers/baths and so forth. My sweet Alexis made french toast with fresh strawberries for everyone for breakfast. We sat down, ate together, read our breakfast liturgy (which we read every morning. LOVE it. 1 Corinthians 13, you should read it. Great way to start the day) Chelsey provided the entertainment.
Next it was time to move onto the final preparations for church. With a full hour and a half until leaving time, there was more than enough time to finish up and leave in good terms. I put Chelsey in the tub, helped Kendra blow dry her hair (she is still figuring out how to direct both hands in the whole process. I still as an adult fumble from time to time in my blow drying) Realizing that there was still over an hour until we had to leave I quickly swooped Chelsey out of the tub to put her to bed for an hour before we left. (Last week she slept on the floor of the church under a pew during the whole service.) However, when i picked her up her entire bottom half was completely covered in blisters. Having nothing in the house, I got the big girls out of their church cloths into regular attire and Chelsey dressed and off to speak with the pharmacist. And of course by the time all was said and done, church was starting and Chelsey was completely cleared up with absolutely no evidence that there was anything wrong and the pharmacist asked if I was sure it wasn't "GOOSE BUMPS"!!!!! Hello?!!!
So homeward bound we go. In the end the first half of Mothers day turned quite sweet. Chelsey went to bed, the girls played house out back, and i fell asleep in the sun reading the weekend paper, to wake up to a wonderful call from my sis.
Possibly part 2 to come later...

No comments: