Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So it has been far too long since I have even looked at my blog. Obviously...considering we have added a whole other person to our family and she is already 3 months old. So just a brief update...On July 30, 2010 we welcomed Bridget Dawn into our family. She is an amazing baby who fits in perfectly with the other three girls. She is a quiet baby (so far), she smiles allot, and is adored by her sisters.
We took an extra long summer before beginning our third year of home schooling. I was expecting home schooling to be a real challenge this year with a new baby and a two year old. Honestly I almost made myself sick at times thinking about how I was going to make it all work and still be able to love on my new sweet baby girl. But the Lord heard my cries, and humbled my heart. Thank goodness for the Lord and his answers to prayers. This year we were able to join an amazing co-op called Classical Conversations. It is a small co-op that meets once a week to cover a multitude of subjects. History, science, crammer, math, fine arts...amongst a few other subjects. It is such a great community of families that we feel so comfortable with. Not to mention, I am comfortable being selfish here and saying that my wonderful sis has begun to home school this year and is also participating in the co-op.
There have been several days that I have thought..."Have I not taught you anything?" and wanted to give up. But then there are days like today that show the fruits of our labor. It may have taken all day, in and out, to get all of our work accomplished; but the work was done well and with a good attitude. So that is where we stand so far with school. Alexis and Kendra are plugging along focusing on reading, math, and their newly successful co-op, while Chelsey is learning to count, tell her colors apart, and is even reciting the phonograms. And of course she LOVES to sing and dance with her sisters to the very fun history memory songs.
In September my sister and I had the privilege to take Bridget with us and go visit our Grandmother in KC before she died just a month later. What a blessing it was to see her, and to be able to spend that time with her. Not to mention we got to see our Grandpa, Aunt, Uncles and extended family that we have not seen in years. God truly had a hand in making this trip possible and I am so thankful for it.
So now here we are. Updated for the most part. We have family coming in tomorrow. The girls can't wait to share the house with Cash, Grandpa and Grandma's dog, and to go trick-or-treating with their most favorite people. Both the girls will be singing this weekend at church and I can not wait to hear it.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Nice to read an update! I need to update my blog too.
I'm glad to hear that the Classical Conversations is going so well! It sounds like a neat program.
I'm impressed that you are doing preschool work with Chelsey already! How much/often do you do it? And are you using specific workbooks?