Saturday, May 30, 2009

I just got back from an amazing wedding. I feel so so fortunate to have been invited to this occasion. It was a sweet couple who have grown together since they were small children. It was simply beautiful. But it was hard not to get caught up in the selfish emotions as I sat there with my three girls thinking about what it will be like for us when they are at the point in their life when God blesses them with their life long companion. At some point it will be my beautiful girls all dressed up supporting each other and helping each other get ready to walk down the isle with their dad, to say "I do" to their new husband. Oh...listen to me. Alexis is 8, Kendra is 6, and Chelsey is 8 months. I know it will be a long while before it is our turn, but this amazing experience with this young couple has opened my eyes to the future.

1 comment:

Family Circus 6 said...

You are amazing...I always find it so interesting how people look at life so differently...and I have to say I wish I saw it that way. I'm working on it. But right now, I just hope that day is as far off as possible...