Thursday, June 11, 2009

Appritiation

Tonight we had a fun gathering of our growing kids Gods way class. It was ended with a note to remember to encourage our children to acknowledge those who have taken time out of their day, schedule, life to do something special for them. Whether it be a teacher, a piano instructor, a coach, a babysitter, anyone who gives their time; just to remember to teach them to reach out their little hands and say "thank you." I was thinking about this on my way home and realized that this an area in MY life that I have really failed to make a great effort in. And I can't really begin to teach it to my girls and expect them to genuinely respond if I am not setting the example myself.
It is funny how through lessons we learn for our children we begin to character build for ourselves.

No comments: