Coming into Monday morning from a busy weekend is almost always a challenge. House to clean, laundry to do, car to clean out, a new week to prepare for, appointments to make, schedules to plan, oh yes and girls to educate.
This Monday morning seems to be particularly difficult. We were out of town this weekend picking pumpkins in Oroville. We had a great time. There is nothing better in the fall than rummaging through mature pumpkin patches and letting the girls take their pick. The cool crisp air, and the fresh smell of fall. Ahhh. So we got home last night around 9:00, not to bad, and the kids went right to bed. However, Chelsey decided that at 12:00 it would be time to get up for the night. She was up until 2:30 am. So finally I got back to bed, and back up at 5:15 to get Scott out the door. AGG! I thought I was going to throw up. That feeling of waking up before you have reached your full tank of sleep. So back to bed I go hoping to get another hour of sleep.
The next thing I know, about 45 min later Kendra is standing on the side of my bed (LOL while writing, it is funny now, not then) holding Chelsey up to my face wanting me to agree with her that Chelsey is so cute... I was quick to bark at Kendra to get out of my room and I would then get up out of bed.
So we get going on our morning, I have one in the shower, and two having breakfast. Chelsey decided that rather than using her spoon for her yogurt this morning she would use her hands. Oh it gets better....then discovered what would happen if she would clap her hands together. Oh it was great fun for her. The sun was shining in just so, that it caught all the drips of yogurt splashing through the air and almost made them sparkle.
So we got through breakfast, everyone took showers and tubs. Only, when it was my turn Alexis and Kendra were to do their chores while I was in the shower and Chelsey played in her bed. What could possibly go wrong?
Alexis loaded the dishwasher for me and proceeded to put a highly concentrated DISH SOAP in the DISH WASHER. While she was doing that, Chelsey had a blow out in her bed and was oblivious to it. She had a fantastic time bouncing all around her bed, on her blankets, toys, and stuffed animals smearing the smelly mess all over her bed. (Rachel does that story remind you of any other little Byington girl? LOL!)
So when I got out of the shower the dish washer sounded a little funny, because there was a massive overload of suds overflowing onto the kitchen floor. And Kendra, in only her Kendra way, greeted me at the bathroom door screeching out loud that Chelsey blew out all over her bed.
Lets not forget the fact that Chelsey has a slimy green goopy cold and is already a temperamental mess and does not want to really be fussed with. So getting her cleaned up, quickly, while running back and forth to the kitchen to make sure the bubbles were not totally out of control.......lets just say that there was not much Alexis and Kendra could do to help me. Staying clear and giving mom her moment was all they could do to help!
There is really no point to my chaotic morning post other than that I knew I needed to take a moment to get it out so that I can move pass the chaos so that I am not a total sleepy grump to my kids. So there, I posted it, it is done and over. Now, I can look past it and laugh. :)
Chelsey is sleeping, the girls are happy, and the kitchen smells really clean and fresh!
4 comments:
Yowza! Good morning Monday! Do you have any doubt that God has a great sense of humor? Luv ya :)
Thanks for the great laugh Michelle! What a morning to remember!
Love it! Super man to the rescue!
Nell
I look at that picture of Scott with the BIG pumpkin over my girls heads and I think "YIKES!" It's a good thing he didn't drop it!
Actually we have several pictures from several years of his picking up the biggest pumpkin in the patch and holding it up over his head. Must be a man thing.
Post a Comment