Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Chelsey after a long day with the Dr. Alexis and Kendra getting ready to part with Chelsey before Co-op.




At the Pioneer Village.





Well the girls are home now, and it is the five of us. It is still kind of weird to think of us as five, but yet I can't really think of it any other way. So we got our week of to a good start. Scott still had a couple days of vacation left, so he took them this week, considering he was only working two days, and Mon we took the girls to the Pioneer Village Museum in Cashmere. It was a lot of fun, and the girls loved the actual Pioneer Village outside that they could run from building to building going in and out. We have been reading a lot of books about what life was like for the Pioneers so it was good for them to sort of see it up front.
Yesterday we got back into Co-op at the church, and choir. We did some schooling in the morning, which the girls really seemed to enjoy getting back into, and went on such a nice walk. I have to say that I am so thankful that Scott has been able to be home and participate in getting back into some of our routine. He has been so great around the house and helping out where needed! So, after co-op and choir Brant Rachel and the kids all came over for dinner, well actually they came over and Rach made dinner, but just to casually be back together with them as well is nice.

If you can't tell I was really needing to get back into life. I needed my girls to all be together and to start to establish some kind of routine around the house; whatever that may look like with an infant! The girls really needed to get back to school, co-ops, and choir. Chelsey is a little trooper. She is just tagging along through it all. She is such a good baby. For awhile she wasn't gaining much, but I think she is starting to gain, change, and grow. She is still being very generous with her nights, giving me about 6-7 hours of sleep a night. Throughout the day she eats sleeps and with her wide eyes looks curiously around checking out and learning about her surroundings.
We are very happy with the way things are going. The girls are so in love with their new baby sister and simply can not get enough of her. As for Scott and I we are so thankful for the new blessings in our life. We have really learned a lot about the girls over the last few weeks and look forward to the weeks to come.

4 comments:

Glory of Glass said...

Wow, what a great trip to the old farm steads. Looks like the girls were having a great time.
Awwwww Chelsey is so cute.........

Bethany said...

Love the new pix! :) It sounds like you guys are adjusting well. It's a lot of fun isn't it!

Nell said...

They are all adorable. You have your three girls and I'll have three boys. :) The baby is adorable.

Janelle

Kristen Ising Photography said...

I want to kiss that baby.... She is yummy!