
Scenario one:
Me: Scott what are you doing?!
Scott surprised: Blurb blurb! (meaning: are we starting today?) as he shoves a piece of left over birthday cake from last weekend in his mouth. Later he snuck into the kitchen to find more cake not realizing I was watching him and also that I had already thrown the rest out.
Scenario two: first day
Me: Scott what are you doing?!
Scott surprised: Blurb blurb! (meaning: are we starting today?) as he shoves a piece of left over birthday cake from last weekend in his mouth. Later he snuck into the kitchen to find more cake not realizing I was watching him and also that I had already thrown the rest out.
Scenario two: first day
Kendra: Mommy if I share my pixie sticks (sugar sticks) with Alexis, can I have one? (totally forgetting)
Me: No! Can you tell me why?
Kendra: (totally confused) Because sugar is bad for you?
Well...it has been a long week of trying to cut out the x-tra goodies. It took awhile to establish where our weaknesses really lye.
Well...it has been a long week of trying to cut out the x-tra goodies. It took awhile to establish where our weaknesses really lye.
Kendra had a break for a couple of days. At the beginning of the week we found out she had strep, so she lived off of Popsicles and pudding for a couple of days. It was hard for Alexis, but she made it through.
Otherwise, going to Costco and not getting goodies at the end of our trip, going through our favorite coffee stand and not getting suckers, and of course going through the check out at the grocery store with out chocolate has been our biggest challenge for the girls. For me, coffee night at Starbucks with out something to compliment my tea was probably my biggest challenge of the week. That or not giving into the girls at the coffee stand for those FREE SUCKERS!
We are now in Oroville visiting Grandmas and Grandpas and we are at a whole new level of temptations!
Something I failed to mention in my last post was that Sunday is the day we celebrate Christ. So the girls have been looking forward to Sunday in the sense of celebration and what sweets they would like to overwhelm themselves with IN HONOR of CHRIST! (kind of funny huh?) But really we do plan to sweeten up our Sundays! :)
Also, we are not completely cutting out the sugar, we are simply cutting out all of the unnecessary treats!
1 comment:
What a great family picture. Looks like one fun and happy family!
Janelle
Post a Comment