Saturday, March 7, 2009

I do not know how to express my feelings for a distance family of ours that have just returned home from an amazing trip. They journeyed to Ethiopia to adopted a sweet little boy. Through their experience I have been greatly humbled. My heart is filled with joy for them. Their experience has helped me realize how spoiled we are. How much we take for granted in our daily lives. Our homes, buildings, beds blankets/pillows,. cars, FOOD, CLEAN WATER, WATER, and so much more!
I have also learned how great of a need there is for these children. There are so many babies and children that have so little. They have no one to really hold them and love them when they are happy, sad, lonely, waking up in the mornings, or even a goodnight hug before bed. I guess these are things that we consciously know about and hear/read about, but I guess I get so caught up in my spoiled daily life that I forget. I forget about these sweet children and I take for granted all of the little things that surround my days.
James 1: 27...look after orphans and widows in their distress...
Congratulations! I pray that this family will blossom from their new family addition.

No comments: