Saturday, March 28, 2009


Well I have not posted for awhile, and a lot happens in a week. Here are some updates:


Lent: As some of you may know, we have failed miserably at giving up our goodies for Lent!! We started out strong for the first couple of weeks, but those suckers in the coffee drive through and living next to the candy store are two blessings that we simply can not resist! It just goes to show what a GREAT sacrifice has been made for us all. Here we are on earth totally spoiled with all of our goodies that we can not go with out for a SHORT 40 days. Imagine giving up your only son or daughter. Something to think about...We have learned a lot from this experience. The girls have a better understanding of sacrifice; however Kendra still talks about "sugar day." That was the name she gave the Sabbath because we had goodies on the Sabbath. In her little mind every day should be "sugar day."
Home schooling: Well it is still going. I have learned over the course of this year that my gift is not teaching. It literally brings out the worst in me. My creativity is LOST. I don't know where it went, I must have misplaced it somewhere. But we are still plugging away. The plan is to put the girls back into The River Academy next fall. But for now one day at a time, with breaks here and there.
However, I have LOVED having Alexis and Kendra around. That part will be hard to give up come next fall. Especially since they will have had a full year with Chelsey; it will be an adjustment for them to not be with each other so much. Some of the work has been fun to do with them. Especially all of the amounts of time on the couch reading to each other.
Anyways, I am sure I could teeter-todder back and forth, contradicting myself over and over, but I will not do that to you.
March Madness: So I am married to a basketball nut!! And it is March Madness season around here. Scott has put a competition together amongst close friends and family. Basically he handed out brackets for everyone, including children, to fill out determining which team will win the March Madness Tournament. So far Nolan 10 is way ahead in first place. Mike, Danny, and Jen are all tied for 2nd, and Scott and I are hand in hand for 3rd. Sorry, but the rest of you are below the top 3 :) So if you can imagine, March Madness is taking place of our couch time! Only 1 week left.
Spring: Spring is on it's way and we are starting to already fill our calender for the next several months. I don't know about the rest of you but our weekends go like that in the summer!...We are planning a vegetable garden this year that we are very excited about! We have not grown veggies before so this will be a first. Scott is tearing down the HAZARDOUS barn out back and laying fresh grass. The kids have a club house out back that they have to go through the barn to get to. So it will be nice to have the barn gone and soft grass in it's place:)...What else? Our Sandpiper trip is right around the corner!!!! YEH!!!! We love it out at the beach and are so so so anxious to get out there.
Chelsey: The little miss is growing like crazy! She is 6 months now and is sitting up, and flopping around like a fish out of water. She has begun eating soft foods, she got her first little tooth this week! YEH!! She has a very sweet personality. She is very social. She loves people, especially her family!








Alexis and I had a bug to go shopping one day but did not really have any money to go shopping with. So we ended up at the Goodwill. Alexis picked out this addorable little dress for Chelsey!
Well Chelsey is waking up now, so I should go. Bye for now!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Chelsey is darling!!!! And Alexis picked out a great dress for her! Thanks for your thoughts on Lent and sacrifice. So true!

Melissa said...

Can I link your blog on mine?

Love reading your posts...