Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Season of Lent

So I know I am getting a late start, (nothing new around here) but I am really looking forward to partaking in Lent this year. (Did I say that right? Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong! You know who YOU are!!) We are a family who consumes so much x-tra sugar. I am not afraid of giving my kids sugar, maybe because of my own weaknesses, but I probably allow them to have too much. So Scott and I were talking about it today and what a perfect time to try to put some limitations on our desires.
Initially Lent is a time of stripping down to essentials, and giving up the goods such as sugar as a sacrifice in remembering our baptisms. So off we go on this Battle against our/my weakness, sugar.
Honestly though, I am looking forward to using this sacrifice (which for us it truly is) as a tool during our bible study in the morning. It will be nice to dig into the scripture surrounding Lent, Palm Sunday, Good Friday, and Easter, and to get away from our daily study for awhile.
I will keep posting updates on how it is going around here without our sweeties! Kendra and I will probably be the biggest challenge.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Don't forget you take a Sabbath rest from what ever you give up...basically sugar is ok on Sunday...

Glory of Glass said...

Then I guess I won't be making Cinnamon Rolls..........how about Angel food cake, for all my angels coming to visit...........love ya good luck keeping Kendra away from the sweets.......She told me she needs them.........lol (smile)